Monday, June 14, 2010

The Joy & Misery

Well, I’ve knocked about ideas all week for the essay. But my brain is fried - (from the heat) - and I’ve got no umph in my intellect or my running. I missed 12 miles on my schedule this week, one run on Saturday all together and the odd mile here and there throughout the week. The heat continues, the humidity smothers and the speedwork has all but ceased as I’m just trying to keep my endurance up in these miserable days. I missed 1 day of resistance and had no energy to do yoga. I even cut out my joy, the swim, on Saturday as I was just to blah… It’s depressing, and I’m working on a solution to this early weather assault. I’ve got my suspicions its just going to be one of those summers. As much as I HATE the treadmill, I think it will have to become my friend if I hope to continue serious training, building on the miles and upping the ante on speed.

Miles run 40 +1 hour swimming +1 hour resistance/yoga

3 comments:

  1. I am right with you in the misery of the St. Louis pre-summer. Can't wait 'till summer is actually here. At this rate my shoes will melt on the pavement. You would have loved running with me on Sunday as I squelched home with inches of sweat in my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The treadmill and I made good friends Sunday. She's beginning to finally like me after all of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The treadmill is NOT a girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete