Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Easy, Breezy, Peaceful Beach Days

Another vacation week away from home - another wonderful, peaceful, quiet time with family. My running isn’t coming along the way it should be as I am “supposed” to be preparing for a marathon in just under 3 months - followed by the 50 miler 5 weeks later, but I am running everyday. Our beach runs have been wonderful. I’ve run with Big E, My E, & Conrad almost everyday - in the rain, searing heat, lovely morning air, you name it. That being said - with only 12 weeks to go before Chicago - I know this upcoming week I have to hunker down and actually start training. I need to become disciplined about my speedwork, long runs, extra cross training, and upping the miles to an acceptable level. I’ll shoot for 60 miles next week and 8-10 hours of cross training - We’ll see how that goes.... In the meantime - I’m happy to note that I have fully fallen back in love with running. It’s stolen my heart once again, and perhaps I just needed these few weeks of no watch, no calendar running to find that space. Now it’s off for a run in my new Kinvara’s to start off the week right - let’s burn some pavement.

Miles Run - 45(ish).... Does playing in the ocean count as cross training? 5+ hours!

1 comment:

  1. 12 weeks doesn't sound like enough time for me. Stress. Totally different from the stress free week of running we had together.

    ReplyDelete