Monday, May 10, 2010

The Letter C

The couch - what an enemy it can be! This week started off with a really strong fever and head cold which quickly went to my chest - hence - the couch. If wasn’t working I was down, tissues all around me, blankets tossed on and off and trying, trying, trying to feel GOOD. Cinco de Mayo (a silly but engagingly fun holiday) came and went without so much as a taste of guacamole or salt rimmed margarita. And my 5K race Wednesday night - well that was a bust…. The rest of the week went down the tubes as well, and as the weekend approached I was concerned that I would never get better and the fever, the congestion, the headache, the cough was here to stay.

The highlight of my week - seeing Eric get his Varsity letter for Track & Field, as a Freshman. I didn’t expect it to hit Eric with such significance - but he was unexpectedly excited about the recognition after working so hard to achieve it. And as he continues to grow in the arena of running, I’m the one who is excited to watch his development and progress.

The week ended, Sunday, FINALLY with a run - the best part, my fast teenage son accompanied me. We both have been out of running - him for 2 weeks due to a wrist fracture on the growth plate, and me for the week thanks to illness. So we took it nice and easy, chatted the whole time and made our 5K loop in no time. I look forward to a normal training week this week, complete with sore and tired legs and slower than expected speed times.

Miles run: 3….+1 hour resistance training

No comments:

Post a Comment