Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just a short note

It was a “down” week for me - so lots of easy running, minus the Thursday hill session which nearly sent me home in tears. I was beginning to get quite frustrated with my lack of fitness and speed, and then along came the weekend. Sunday was a breakthrough run for me. It was hot - hot - hot, and I had no intention of actually completing the long run. I told myself I’d be happy with just 4 miles as the thermometer tipped 92 degrees. After a week of temperatures in the 60’s - 92 felt like being in an oven. But I went out there and plugged away - running all the miles and shaving a few minutes off my supposed finish time. I finally feel like my fitness is progressing, and that I am getting somewhere! Hopefully this trend will continue next week - as I take a serious step up in training intensity.


Miles run 32 + 1 hour swimming + 1 hour resistance training

No comments:

Post a Comment