Monday, August 16, 2010

Down time

It’s been one of those weeks where I just couldn’t catch up to sleep. It continually played chase with me and won. Luckily it is my down running week and oddly enough the only time I felt good was during my runs. In fact I felt great. My easy week really was easy. Things are finally coming together for me, and although I don’t think I’ll hit a PR with this Chicago Marathon, I am finally truly feeling fit and ready to go. This heat, this extended vacation time, this life…. It’s all been killer. But last week I started to feel better, things got easier - so much so that I had to shave about 30 seconds off my speedwork and base pace times. And this week the trend continued. On Wednesday, my anaerobic day, I added almost an extra mile of speedwork to the run, and my cooldown mile was @ 7:20 (not my cooldown pace…) It’s funny because my body is tired, my mind is a little weary, but once the running shoes are on I feel invincible. Hopefully this burst of running energy is a sign that I am getting fitter and maybe even that speed is starting to make an appearance. I’m not worried about my endurance, I know I’ve got that in the bag - but the fast part, well it’s been a struggle this summer. The 80’s are set to return this week and perhaps that will help me along even more.

Miles run: a delightful 50 + 1.5 hour resistance + 1 hour biking

No comments:

Post a Comment